Gujjars to revive agitation over quota from Aug 29
Jaipur: The Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Arakshan
Sangarsh Samiti (ABGASS) today said it would launch a fresh
agitation in Rajasthan from August 29 if its demand of five
per cent reservation to gujjars was not granted.
"ABGASS would launch a long term `janjagran abhiyan`
(mass awareness campaign) in the state from August 29 for
mobilising the community people to gherao the state Assembly
over its charter of demands," the Samiti chief convenor
Ramveer Singh Bidhuri told a press conference here.
The state government had announced a package of Rs 282 cr
for community development of the gujjars under the Devnarayan
Board, but it slashed the budget to mere Rs 25 cr, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location