Gujjars to revive agitation over quota from Aug 29
Jaipur: The Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Arakshan
Sangarsh Samiti (ABGASS) today said it would launch a fresh
agitation in Rajasthan from August 29 if its demand of five
per cent reservation to gujjars was not granted.
"ABGASS would launch a long term `janjagran abhiyan`
(mass awareness campaign) in the state from August 29 for
mobilising the community people to gherao the state Assembly
over its charter of demands," the Samiti chief convenor
Ramveer Singh Bidhuri told a press conference here.
The state government had announced a package of Rs 282 cr
for community development of the gujjars under the Devnarayan
Board, but it slashed the budget to mere Rs 25 cr, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey