Gujjars to revive agitation over quota from Aug 29
Jaipur: The Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Arakshan
Sangarsh Samiti (ABGASS) today said it would launch a fresh
agitation in Rajasthan from August 29 if its demand of five
per cent reservation to gujjars was not granted.
"ABGASS would launch a long term `janjagran abhiyan`
(mass awareness campaign) in the state from August 29 for
mobilising the community people to gherao the state Assembly
over its charter of demands," the Samiti chief convenor
Ramveer Singh Bidhuri told a press conference here.
The state government had announced a package of Rs 282 cr
for community development of the gujjars under the Devnarayan
Board, but it slashed the budget to mere Rs 25 cr, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi