Gujjars to revive agitation over quota from Aug 29
Jaipur: The Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Arakshan
Sangarsh Samiti (ABGASS) today said it would launch a fresh
agitation in Rajasthan from August 29 if its demand of five
per cent reservation to gujjars was not granted.
"ABGASS would launch a long term `janjagran abhiyan`
(mass awareness campaign) in the state from August 29 for
mobilising the community people to gherao the state Assembly
over its charter of demands," the Samiti chief convenor
Ramveer Singh Bidhuri told a press conference here.
The state government had announced a package of Rs 282 cr
for community development of the gujjars under the Devnarayan
Board, but it slashed the budget to mere Rs 25 cr, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31