Gujjars to revive agitation over quota from Aug 29
Jaipur: The Akhil Bhartiya Gujjar Arakshan
Sangarsh Samiti (ABGASS) today said it would launch a fresh
agitation in Rajasthan from August 29 if its demand of five
per cent reservation to gujjars was not granted.
"ABGASS would launch a long term `janjagran abhiyan`
(mass awareness campaign) in the state from August 29 for
mobilising the community people to gherao the state Assembly
over its charter of demands," the Samiti chief convenor
Ramveer Singh Bidhuri told a press conference here.
The state government had announced a package of Rs 282 cr
for community development of the gujjars under the Devnarayan
Board, but it slashed the budget to mere Rs 25 cr, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'