Gurudas Kamat committed for Congress victory in Rajasthan Assembly polls
Jaipur: Newly appointed AICC general secretary and in-charge of party-affairs in Rajasthan, Gurudas Kamat on Sunday said his first priority would be to keep "communal element" away and ensure Congress government come back with thumping majority in the state.
"We will ensure that the communal elements do not get foothold in Rajasthan," former Union minister and Member of Parliament Kamat told PTI over phone from Mumbai.
"Let me take over the job tomorrow...I am going to attend meeting in AICC, Delhi, then I will be able to comment more," he said, adding "Congress party in Rajasthan is in election mode...My best efforts would be to take every one together to get thumping majority in the upcoming assembly polls in Rajasthan".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre