Gurudas Kamat committed for Congress victory in Rajasthan Assembly polls
Jaipur: Newly appointed AICC general secretary and in-charge of party-affairs in Rajasthan, Gurudas Kamat on Sunday said his first priority would be to keep "communal element" away and ensure Congress government come back with thumping majority in the state.
"We will ensure that the communal elements do not get foothold in Rajasthan," former Union minister and Member of Parliament Kamat told PTI over phone from Mumbai.
"Let me take over the job tomorrow...I am going to attend meeting in AICC, Delhi, then I will be able to comment more," he said, adding "Congress party in Rajasthan is in election mode...My best efforts would be to take every one together to get thumping majority in the upcoming assembly polls in Rajasthan".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai to receive Khel Ratna awards
- Kashmir issue can be resolved politically, not judicially: SC
- SpiceJet to launch flights to Silchar, Aizwal
- BCCI AGM on September 21; Board awaits Review Petition verdict
- Kareena Kapoor Khan to kickstart shooting for 'Veere Di Wedding'! Deets inside