Gurudas Kamat committed for Congress victory in Rajasthan Assembly polls
Jaipur: Newly appointed AICC general secretary and in-charge of party-affairs in Rajasthan, Gurudas Kamat on Sunday said his first priority would be to keep "communal element" away and ensure Congress government come back with thumping majority in the state.
"We will ensure that the communal elements do not get foothold in Rajasthan," former Union minister and Member of Parliament Kamat told PTI over phone from Mumbai.
"Let me take over the job tomorrow...I am going to attend meeting in AICC, Delhi, then I will be able to comment more," he said, adding "Congress party in Rajasthan is in election mode...My best efforts would be to take every one together to get thumping majority in the upcoming assembly polls in Rajasthan".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees