Gurudas Kamat committed for Congress victory in Rajasthan Assembly polls
Jaipur: Newly appointed AICC general secretary and in-charge of party-affairs in Rajasthan, Gurudas Kamat on Sunday said his first priority would be to keep "communal element" away and ensure Congress government come back with thumping majority in the state.
"We will ensure that the communal elements do not get foothold in Rajasthan," former Union minister and Member of Parliament Kamat told PTI over phone from Mumbai.
"Let me take over the job tomorrow...I am going to attend meeting in AICC, Delhi, then I will be able to comment more," he said, adding "Congress party in Rajasthan is in election mode...My best efforts would be to take every one together to get thumping majority in the upcoming assembly polls in Rajasthan".
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Forest fires threaten to wipe out 1,500 villages in Uttarakhand, NDRF, IAF step in to mitigate crisis, govt issues alert
- World's richest temple mulls moving 7.5 tonne gold under monetisation scheme
- Six-year-old falls in borewell in Maharashtra, rescue operation on
- Want FIR against guilty before further probe on Adarsh Society scam: BJP
- Beware, women! Stress can worsen HPV infection