Harassed teenage girl commits suicide
Bikaner: A teenage girl committed suicide after she was unable to withstand the harassment by a youth who insisted on marrying her, police said Tuesday.
The 17-year old girl had set herself ablaze on Saturday night. She was rushed to a local government hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries last night, police said.
The girl`s father has alleged that one Sonu Kumar (21), who is a distant relative and hails from Haryana, had been pressuring her to marry him.
"Primary investigation revealed that the accused had been threatening her to accept his proposal of marriage. The girl was suffering depression for some time due to this," police said.
A case been registered against Sonu under section 306 of IPC (abetment to suicide).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security