Harassed teenage girl commits suicide
Bikaner: A teenage girl committed suicide after she was unable to withstand the harassment by a youth who insisted on marrying her, police said Tuesday.
The 17-year old girl had set herself ablaze on Saturday night. She was rushed to a local government hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries last night, police said.
The girl`s father has alleged that one Sonu Kumar (21), who is a distant relative and hails from Haryana, had been pressuring her to marry him.
"Primary investigation revealed that the accused had been threatening her to accept his proposal of marriage. The girl was suffering depression for some time due to this," police said.
A case been registered against Sonu under section 306 of IPC (abetment to suicide).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on