Harassed teenage girl commits suicide
Bikaner: A teenage girl committed suicide after she was unable to withstand the harassment by a youth who insisted on marrying her, police said Tuesday.
The 17-year old girl had set herself ablaze on Saturday night. She was rushed to a local government hospital, where she succumbed to her injuries last night, police said.
The girl`s father has alleged that one Sonu Kumar (21), who is a distant relative and hails from Haryana, had been pressuring her to marry him.
"Primary investigation revealed that the accused had been threatening her to accept his proposal of marriage. The girl was suffering depression for some time due to this," police said.
A case been registered against Sonu under section 306 of IPC (abetment to suicide).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31