Harshad`s arrest a major achievement: Raj Home Minister
Jaipur: Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad on Thursday came in for praise from state Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal who said the arrest of Harshad Solanki, suspect in 2007 Ajmer dargah blast case, was a major achievement for the agency.
"We are happy that the ATS independently arrested Harshad, who is suspect in the Ajmer dargah blast case and was also involved in 2002 the Best Bakery riot case of Gujarat. He was absconding and CBI or any other investigation agency of other states could not arrest him but our ATS has done it," Dhariwal told reporters.
Praising the ATS, he said the agency has done a perfect investigation into the dargah blast case which was not an easy task.
When asked to comment on cooperation with neighbouring state of Madhya Pradesh, Dhariwal said, "The MP ATS was cooperating with us but not the MP state government."
The Rajasthan ATS had on November 1 brought Harshad from Gujarat and arrested here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand