Harshad`s arrest a major achievement: Raj Home Minister
Jaipur: Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad on Thursday came in for praise from state Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal who said the arrest of Harshad Solanki, suspect in 2007 Ajmer dargah blast case, was a major achievement for the agency.
"We are happy that the ATS independently arrested Harshad, who is suspect in the Ajmer dargah blast case and was also involved in 2002 the Best Bakery riot case of Gujarat. He was absconding and CBI or any other investigation agency of other states could not arrest him but our ATS has done it," Dhariwal told reporters.
Praising the ATS, he said the agency has done a perfect investigation into the dargah blast case which was not an easy task.
When asked to comment on cooperation with neighbouring state of Madhya Pradesh, Dhariwal said, "The MP ATS was cooperating with us but not the MP state government."
The Rajasthan ATS had on November 1 brought Harshad from Gujarat and arrested here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh's BNP to hold countrywide protest on Wednesday
- Hyderabad police mulls 'designated driver' concept to check drunken driving
- MNS chief Raj Thackeray favours 'Sharia-type' law to tackle rape
- Parsi population dips by 18 per cent between 2001-2011
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg