HC notice to MLA Rathore in Dara Singh encounter case
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court on Wedneday issued notice to BJP MLA Rajendra Singh Rathore and asked why the local court`s order to discharge him in the alleged fake encounter of liquor smuggler Dara Singh be not set aside.
Asking the CBI SP to serve notice to Rathore, the court asked the legislator to file his response by July 10.
The order came on appeals by wife of the deceased and CBI, which claimed the main accused cannot be discharged at the stage of framing of charges, at a time when the other co-accused are being tried.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?