HC slams Bharatpur SP for no leads in gang-rape case
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court Tuesday pulled up the Bharatpur Police for making no arrests in a gang-rape case in the district in which husband of a ruling party MLA is an accused and asked it to submit an affidavit mentioning the actions taken so far in this regard.
A single-bench of Justice K S Ahluwalia has directed the SP Bharatpur to file an affidavit stating the details of the action taken by the police for making arrests and investigation in the matter that was registered almost two-and-half years ago.
The order came on a criminal miscellaneous petition filed by the victim wherein she alleged that she was held hostage and was repeatedly raped for five months by several persons, including Jalish Khan, the husband of the Congress MLA from Kama, Zahida Khan.
"We have alleged that for last two-and-half years no action has been taken against the accused persons by the police.
"The court has asked the district SP to file the affidavit supplying the action taken report by July 23 and explaining as to why Khan and others were not arrested despite being named in the FIR," said Deendayal Sharma, counsel for the girl.
It has been given out in the petition that the High Court and the Supreme Court has already rejected the bail application of the accused Jalish in the matter.
"Despite specific court orders, only one person has been arrested and awarded 10 years imprisonment, while the key accused is still at large," the petition added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP