HC slams Bharatpur SP for no leads in gang-rape case
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court Tuesday pulled up the Bharatpur Police for making no arrests in a gang-rape case in the district in which husband of a ruling party MLA is an accused and asked it to submit an affidavit mentioning the actions taken so far in this regard.
A single-bench of Justice K S Ahluwalia has directed the SP Bharatpur to file an affidavit stating the details of the action taken by the police for making arrests and investigation in the matter that was registered almost two-and-half years ago.
The order came on a criminal miscellaneous petition filed by the victim wherein she alleged that she was held hostage and was repeatedly raped for five months by several persons, including Jalish Khan, the husband of the Congress MLA from Kama, Zahida Khan.
"We have alleged that for last two-and-half years no action has been taken against the accused persons by the police.
"The court has asked the district SP to file the affidavit supplying the action taken report by July 23 and explaining as to why Khan and others were not arrested despite being named in the FIR," said Deendayal Sharma, counsel for the girl.
It has been given out in the petition that the High Court and the Supreme Court has already rejected the bail application of the accused Jalish in the matter.
"Despite specific court orders, only one person has been arrested and awarded 10 years imprisonment, while the key accused is still at large," the petition added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared