Head constable killed in accidental misfire in Alwar
Jaipur: A head constable was killed in an alleged accidental misfire from his own service pistol in Alwar district of Rajasthan, police said here today.
Udai Singh was on patrolling duty in an interior area in Tapukada last night when the incident occurred, Additional SP Alwar Anil Kayal said.
Policemen who were on duty with him said he died of accidental fire from his own pistol, Kayal said.
The body has been sent for postmortem, he said.
Meanwhile, Singh`s family members have suspected foul play and demanded a probe in the matter.
"His family members have raised suspicion and they are being pacified with facts. The matter is under investigation," Kayal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof