Head constable killed in accidental misfire in Alwar
Jaipur: A head constable was killed in an alleged accidental misfire from his own service pistol in Alwar district of Rajasthan, police said here today.
Udai Singh was on patrolling duty in an interior area in Tapukada last night when the incident occurred, Additional SP Alwar Anil Kayal said.
Policemen who were on duty with him said he died of accidental fire from his own pistol, Kayal said.
The body has been sent for postmortem, he said.
Meanwhile, Singh`s family members have suspected foul play and demanded a probe in the matter.
"His family members have raised suspicion and they are being pacified with facts. The matter is under investigation," Kayal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing