Head constable killed in accidental misfire in Alwar
Jaipur: A head constable was killed in an alleged accidental misfire from his own service pistol in Alwar district of Rajasthan, police said here today.
Udai Singh was on patrolling duty in an interior area in Tapukada last night when the incident occurred, Additional SP Alwar Anil Kayal said.
Policemen who were on duty with him said he died of accidental fire from his own pistol, Kayal said.
The body has been sent for postmortem, he said.
Meanwhile, Singh`s family members have suspected foul play and demanded a probe in the matter.
"His family members have raised suspicion and they are being pacified with facts. The matter is under investigation," Kayal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez