Head constable killed in accidental misfire in Alwar
Jaipur: A head constable was killed in an alleged accidental misfire from his own service pistol in Alwar district of Rajasthan, police said here today.
Udai Singh was on patrolling duty in an interior area in Tapukada last night when the incident occurred, Additional SP Alwar Anil Kayal said.
Policemen who were on duty with him said he died of accidental fire from his own pistol, Kayal said.
The body has been sent for postmortem, he said.
Meanwhile, Singh`s family members have suspected foul play and demanded a probe in the matter.
"His family members have raised suspicion and they are being pacified with facts. The matter is under investigation," Kayal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him