Head constable killed in accidental misfire in Alwar
Jaipur: A head constable was killed in an alleged accidental misfire from his own service pistol in Alwar district of Rajasthan, police said here today.
Udai Singh was on patrolling duty in an interior area in Tapukada last night when the incident occurred, Additional SP Alwar Anil Kayal said.
Policemen who were on duty with him said he died of accidental fire from his own pistol, Kayal said.
The body has been sent for postmortem, he said.
Meanwhile, Singh`s family members have suspected foul play and demanded a probe in the matter.
"His family members have raised suspicion and they are being pacified with facts. The matter is under investigation," Kayal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Japan PM pledges to invest $ 30 billion in Africa by 2018
- Kedar Jadhav, Shreyas Iyer power India A to easy six-wicket win
- Talks on Kashmir issue needed, want peace restored in Valley: Pak High Commissioner Abdul Basit
- Gold rebounds on jewellers' buying, silver jumps Rs 280/kg
- US Open 2016: Saketh Myneni advances to main draw