Hearing in Ajmer dargah blast case adjourned to Nov 8
Ajmer: A sessions court on Tuesday adjourned
the hearing in the 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast case to November 8
as the judge who was to hear the arguments in the matter was
"The effective hearing was postponed as the presiding
judge Prashant Agrawal was on leave," prosecution sources
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ratan Lal had on October 26
committed to the sessions court for trial the Dargah blast
case in which three persons lost their lives and 15 others
An 806-page chargesheet was filed by the Rajasthan ATS
before the court of the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate
here on October 22 against five persons.
The accused are - Devendra Gupta who is allegedly
linked to radical Hindu group Abhinav Bharat, Lokesh Sharma,
Chander Shekhar Lave (both in judicial custody), Sandeep Dange
and Ramji Kalsangre (both remain to be traced).
Only Lave was brought to the court. Gupta and Sharma
are being interrogated in Hyderabad over the Mecca blast case.
The accused have been charged with various sections of
the IPC like murder, attempt to murder, conspiracy and
injuring or defiling place of worship.
Another suspect Sunil Joshi was allegedly murdered
during the course of investigation. The prosecution has cited
133 witnesses so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked