Hearing in Ajmer dargah blast case adjourned to Nov 8
Ajmer: A sessions court on Tuesday adjourned
the hearing in the 2007 Ajmer Dargah blast case to November 8
as the judge who was to hear the arguments in the matter was
"The effective hearing was postponed as the presiding
judge Prashant Agrawal was on leave," prosecution sources
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ratan Lal had on October 26
committed to the sessions court for trial the Dargah blast
case in which three persons lost their lives and 15 others
An 806-page chargesheet was filed by the Rajasthan ATS
before the court of the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate
here on October 22 against five persons.
The accused are - Devendra Gupta who is allegedly
linked to radical Hindu group Abhinav Bharat, Lokesh Sharma,
Chander Shekhar Lave (both in judicial custody), Sandeep Dange
and Ramji Kalsangre (both remain to be traced).
Only Lave was brought to the court. Gupta and Sharma
are being interrogated in Hyderabad over the Mecca blast case.
The accused have been charged with various sections of
the IPC like murder, attempt to murder, conspiracy and
injuring or defiling place of worship.
Another suspect Sunil Joshi was allegedly murdered
during the course of investigation. The prosecution has cited
133 witnesses so far.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed