Heat unabated in Rajasthan, Sriganganagar sizzles at 48.1 degrees
Jaipur: There was no let up in the searing heat wave sweeping entire Rajasthan, where Sriganganagar was the hottest place on Saturday with a maximum of 48.1 degree Celsius.
The day temperature was 7 degree above normal in Sriganganagar where normal life was thrown out of gear.
Churu sizzled at 47.2 degree Celsius whereas Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Barmer and Jaipur recorded maximum of 44.6, 43.5, 43.4 and 42.3 degree Celsius respectively, according to MeT department here.
A few places in Kota division also received very light rain in the morning today, MeT officials added, although they said the weather in the state was unlikely to see any change in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried