Heat unabated in Rajasthan, Sriganganagar sizzles at 48.1 degrees
Jaipur: There was no let up in the searing heat wave sweeping entire Rajasthan, where Sriganganagar was the hottest place on Saturday with a maximum of 48.1 degree Celsius.
The day temperature was 7 degree above normal in Sriganganagar where normal life was thrown out of gear.
Churu sizzled at 47.2 degree Celsius whereas Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Barmer and Jaipur recorded maximum of 44.6, 43.5, 43.4 and 42.3 degree Celsius respectively, according to MeT department here.
A few places in Kota division also received very light rain in the morning today, MeT officials added, although they said the weather in the state was unlikely to see any change in the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Eye on China? India to buy four P-8I aircraft from US for maritime surveillance over Indian Ocean Region
- Terrorist captured in J&K's Kupwara district is Pakistani national from Lahore: Report
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook