Heavy rains, hailstorms hit Jaipur, Kota
Jaipur: Heavy rains accompanied with hailstorms lashed the north-south part of Rajasthan as Kota recorded the maximum rainfall of 12.7 mm in the state, a MeT official said.
Jaipur yesterday recorded a maximum rainfall of 12 mm followed by Ajmer 2.3 mm and Chittorgarh 1.0 mm.
Despite inclement weather last night the minimum temperature on plains was between 10.8 and 15.8 degree C at most places including Ajmer, Jaipur, Pilani, Kota, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Barmer, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Churu and Sri Ganganagar.
While Mount Abu, a hill station, recorded the lowest temperature of 4.4 degree Celsius last night, a MeT report said.
Heavy hailstorms with wind velocity of 70 km per hour damaged standing Rabi crops including wheat, mustard and cereals, Agriculture department officials said.
Many birds fell prey on the streets, trees were uprooted, and leaves of most trees were seen to be perforated, they said.
Immediately after the disturbed weather conditions, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje ordered the district collectors and Disaster Management Department to conduct an on the spot survey of the crops affected so that a plan of action can be initiated to help farmers, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Flood situation remains grim in Bihar, eases in Madhya Pradesh
- Don't let India use your soil against us, Pakistan tells Afghanistan
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader