Heavy rains, hailstorms hit Jaipur, Kota
Jaipur: Heavy rains accompanied with hailstorms lashed the north-south part of Rajasthan as Kota recorded the maximum rainfall of 12.7 mm in the state, a MeT official said.
Jaipur yesterday recorded a maximum rainfall of 12 mm followed by Ajmer 2.3 mm and Chittorgarh 1.0 mm.
Despite inclement weather last night the minimum temperature on plains was between 10.8 and 15.8 degree C at most places including Ajmer, Jaipur, Pilani, Kota, Chittorgarh, Udaipur, Barmer, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Churu and Sri Ganganagar.
While Mount Abu, a hill station, recorded the lowest temperature of 4.4 degree Celsius last night, a MeT report said.
Heavy hailstorms with wind velocity of 70 km per hour damaged standing Rabi crops including wheat, mustard and cereals, Agriculture department officials said.
Many birds fell prey on the streets, trees were uprooted, and leaves of most trees were seen to be perforated, they said.
Immediately after the disturbed weather conditions, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje ordered the district collectors and Disaster Management Department to conduct an on the spot survey of the crops affected so that a plan of action can be initiated to help farmers, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29