Heavy rains lash parts of Rajasthan; 5 killed
Jaipur: At least five persons were killed in rain related incidents in Rajasthan as heavy rains lashed parts of the state.
The South West monsoon remained active in the state with most of the places in Ajmer and Udaipur divisions, many areas in Jaipur and Jodhpur and isolated pockets in rest of the divisions, receiving light to moderate rains.
Till morning Tapukada recorded a maximum of 17 cm rainfall followed by Raipur at 13 cm.
Ajmer, Bikaner, Kota also recorded 35, 32.8 and 24.8 mm rains from morning to evening, according to Met department.
Five persons were killed in different rain related incidents in Ajmer district.
Three persons, including a four-year-old girl, were killed when a portion of their house collapsed in Longya Mohalla near Delhi Gate under Ganj area.
The deceased were identified as Javed (15), Nazma (26) and Mahak (4).
Lightening struck five persons working in a farm in a village under Sanwar police station area leaving an elderly woman identified as Prem Devi dead.
Four injured are being treated at a hospital in nearby Kekri town, police said, adding that condition of one injured was stated to be critical.
An 18-year-old boy Narendra drowned in a pond in Chiliyabad village where he had gone to take bath along with his friends.
His friends were rescued but Narendra drowned, the police said.
In Christian Ganj area, a 31-year-old man Kishna Rawat was swept away with his motorcycle when he was trying to cross an overflowing drain.
The motorcycle has been recovered and efforts are on to trace the man, who is feared killed, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!