Heavy rains lash Rajasthan
Jaipur: Moderate to heavy rains lashed parts of Rajasthan since Thursday night with Churu recording a maximum rainfall of 3 cms, a MeT official said on Friday.
An upper air cyclonic system due to ongoing western disturbance caused precipitation and hailstorms in parts of Jaipur, Kota, Bikaner, Churu, Jhunjhunu, Ganganagar, and Jaisalmer districts during the last 24 hours, the official said.
Jaipur residents woke up to a thick fog followed by heavy rains during mid-day in the entire state capital, and rainwall was about 5 mm.
Kota recorded a maximum rainfall (in mm) 11.4, followed by Pilani 6.2, Ganganagar 4.2, Bikaner 1.2, Ajmer 1.2, and traces in Barmer and Jaislamer till 11:30 hrs.
Despite inclement weather, the night temperature at all places ranged between 10 and 16.5 degrees Celsius last night.
Even hill station town Mount Abu, recorded the lowest temperature of 8.2 degrees Celsius last night.
Wind accompanied with thundershower would continue over the state in the next 24 hours as western disturbance would take more than a day to pass out, the weatherman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown