Heavy rains lash Rajasthan
Jaipur: Moderate to heavy rains lashed parts of Rajasthan since Thursday night with Churu recording a maximum rainfall of 3 cms, a MeT official said on Friday.
An upper air cyclonic system due to ongoing western disturbance caused precipitation and hailstorms in parts of Jaipur, Kota, Bikaner, Churu, Jhunjhunu, Ganganagar, and Jaisalmer districts during the last 24 hours, the official said.
Jaipur residents woke up to a thick fog followed by heavy rains during mid-day in the entire state capital, and rainwall was about 5 mm.
Kota recorded a maximum rainfall (in mm) 11.4, followed by Pilani 6.2, Ganganagar 4.2, Bikaner 1.2, Ajmer 1.2, and traces in Barmer and Jaislamer till 11:30 hrs.
Despite inclement weather, the night temperature at all places ranged between 10 and 16.5 degrees Celsius last night.
Even hill station town Mount Abu, recorded the lowest temperature of 8.2 degrees Celsius last night.
Wind accompanied with thundershower would continue over the state in the next 24 hours as western disturbance would take more than a day to pass out, the weatherman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'