Heavy rains likely in Rajasthan, relief work continues
Jaipur: The South-West monsoon is again likely to be vigorously active in parts of Rajasthan for which the Met department on Sunday issued a fresh warning.
Torrential rains have created havoc in several areas in Jaipur, Sikar, Jhunjhunu, Bharatpur, Dholpur districts, claiming 33 lives since Tuesday night.
The Met office has issued a fresh warning for heavy to very heavy rainfall at few places in Bharatpur, Dholpur, Dausa, Karauli, Sawaimadhpur, Jaipur, Bundi, Sikar, Ajmer, Nagaur and Tonk districts during the next 72 hours.
During the last 24 hours, several areas in the state have received light to heavy rains.
Weir in Bharatpur recorded 100 mm while Ramgarh in Shekhawati region and Lalsot in Dausa district both received 70 mm rain.
Sahada in Bhilwara received 60 mm while Mahua in Dausa, Govindgarh in Alwar, Bundi and Mount Abu, each recorded 50 mm rains during this period, according to Met department.
Till evening on Sunday, Kota and Jaipur recorded 14.6 and 3.1 mm rainfall respectively.
Meanwhile, situation has started improving in areas where Army was roped in for relief work in wake of heavy rainfall.
Jaipur district collector Naveen Mahajan said that situation has started normalising and dewatering work of areas is almost completed.
Mahajan said that six relief camps were functional in the city for those affected due to heavy rains.
Over 10,000 food packets, water through 850 tankers were supplied to rain affected areas this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH