Helmet now compulsory for pillion riders in Jaipur
Jaipur: Wearing a helmet from Tuesday became
compulsory for two-wheeler pillion riders in the city after a
month long awareness campaign ended.
"From today, helmet is necessary for pillion drivers too
because they are equally exposed to the risk of head
injuries in accidents, like the driver of a two-wheeler",
Deputy Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Rohit Mahajan said.
The campaign on road safety finished on Monday, he said
adding that the city traffic police have already started
penalising the defaulters.
"During the one month long awareness drive, we tried to
make people understand why a good quality helmet is necessary
for safety. The campaign was successful", Mahajan said.
Defaulters will now have to pay a fine of Rs 200 and get
their licenses punched at the time of challan. The regional
transport officer will be recommended to cancel the license
after five punches, he said.
Teams have also been deputed at close to one hundred
points in the city to ensure that pillion riders are wearing
helmets, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened