High drama in Raj Assembly as marshals try to evict BJP MLA
Jaipur: Amid overnight dharna by BJP members, the Rajasthan Assembly was on Friday adjourned after scores of marshals grappled with Opposition MLAs while trying to evict a suspended BJP legislator.
As marshals jostled with Opposition members to evict BJP chief whip R S Rathore, party MLA Bahadur Singh Koli got injured while his colleague Gulab Chand Kataria complained of chest pain.
Koli received minor injury in his finger and leg and was moved to the lobby, while Kataria was hospitalised.
As the House met for the day, Speaker Dipender Singh Shekhawat observed that a "stranger" cannot stay in the House, in an obvious reference to Rathore.
Ruling that Rathore should leave the House immediately as he was suspended, Shekhawat asked the Deputy leader GS Tiwari to send the "stranger" outside.
As Opposition BJP MLAs supported by CPI-M and JD-U did not go back to their seats and kept shouting anti-government slogans, the Speaker called the marshals to evict Rathore.
High drama was witnessed as marshals had a trying time in coming near Rathore who was shielded by party MLAs. The marshals had to push their way as chaotic scenes prevailed for sometime.
Amid the uproar, the House was adjourned for an hour. Rathore was suspended for one year and party MLA Hanuman Beliwal till the end of the current session for their "unruly behaviour" and stalling the proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday