High drama in Raj Assembly as marshals try to evict BJP MLA
Jaipur: Amid overnight dharna by BJP members, the Rajasthan Assembly was on Friday adjourned after scores of marshals grappled with Opposition MLAs while trying to evict a suspended BJP legislator.
As marshals jostled with Opposition members to evict BJP chief whip R S Rathore, party MLA Bahadur Singh Koli got injured while his colleague Gulab Chand Kataria complained of chest pain.
Koli received minor injury in his finger and leg and was moved to the lobby, while Kataria was hospitalised.
As the House met for the day, Speaker Dipender Singh Shekhawat observed that a "stranger" cannot stay in the House, in an obvious reference to Rathore.
Ruling that Rathore should leave the House immediately as he was suspended, Shekhawat asked the Deputy leader GS Tiwari to send the "stranger" outside.
As Opposition BJP MLAs supported by CPI-M and JD-U did not go back to their seats and kept shouting anti-government slogans, the Speaker called the marshals to evict Rathore.
High drama was witnessed as marshals had a trying time in coming near Rathore who was shielded by party MLAs. The marshals had to push their way as chaotic scenes prevailed for sometime.
Amid the uproar, the House was adjourned for an hour. Rathore was suspended for one year and party MLA Hanuman Beliwal till the end of the current session for their "unruly behaviour" and stalling the proceedings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way