High drama in Raj Assembly as marshals try to evict BJP MLA
Jaipur: Amid overnight dharna by BJP members, the Rajasthan Assembly was on Friday adjourned after scores of marshals grappled with Opposition MLAs while trying to evict a suspended BJP legislator.
As marshals jostled with Opposition members to evict BJP chief whip R S Rathore, party MLA Bahadur Singh Koli got injured while his colleague Gulab Chand Kataria complained of chest pain.
Koli received minor injury in his finger and leg and was moved to the lobby, while Kataria was hospitalised.
As the House met for the day, Speaker Dipender Singh Shekhawat observed that a "stranger" cannot stay in the House, in an obvious reference to Rathore.
Ruling that Rathore should leave the House immediately as he was suspended, Shekhawat asked the Deputy leader GS Tiwari to send the "stranger" outside.
As Opposition BJP MLAs supported by CPI-M and JD-U did not go back to their seats and kept shouting anti-government slogans, the Speaker called the marshals to evict Rathore.
High drama was witnessed as marshals had a trying time in coming near Rathore who was shielded by party MLAs. The marshals had to push their way as chaotic scenes prevailed for sometime.
Amid the uproar, the House was adjourned for an hour. Rathore was suspended for one year and party MLA Hanuman Beliwal till the end of the current session for their "unruly behaviour" and stalling the proceedings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH