Hold talks with Cong-supported Gujjar leaders: MLA to Gehlot
Jaipur: Congress MLA Rajendra Bidhudi on Sunday asked the Ashok Gehlot government in Rajasthan to hold talks with only Congress-supported Gujjar leaders on the quota issue.
"The government should avoid holding negotiations with BJP-oriented people who are misguiding innocent Gujjars on the reservation issue," he told reporters here.
Bidhudi, who resigned from the post of Parliamentary Secretary recently, held a meeting of Gujjar leaders from the state.
He said Kirori Singh Bainsla, who had spearheaded Gujjar agitations in the past, had misled the people, adding the government should not pay any attention to his threats.
Bidhudi also slammed Rajasthan Energy minister Jitendra Singh, who is from the Gujjar community, saying he had nothing to do with the community`s interests.
"Jitendra Singh mediates between Gujjars and the government but has no concern for the community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says