Hold talks with Cong-supported Gujjar leaders: MLA to Gehlot
Jaipur: Congress MLA Rajendra Bidhudi on Sunday asked the Ashok Gehlot government in Rajasthan to hold talks with only Congress-supported Gujjar leaders on the quota issue.
"The government should avoid holding negotiations with BJP-oriented people who are misguiding innocent Gujjars on the reservation issue," he told reporters here.
Bidhudi, who resigned from the post of Parliamentary Secretary recently, held a meeting of Gujjar leaders from the state.
He said Kirori Singh Bainsla, who had spearheaded Gujjar agitations in the past, had misled the people, adding the government should not pay any attention to his threats.
Bidhudi also slammed Rajasthan Energy minister Jitendra Singh, who is from the Gujjar community, saying he had nothing to do with the community`s interests.
"Jitendra Singh mediates between Gujjars and the government but has no concern for the community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf