Hold talks with Cong-supported Gujjar leaders: MLA to Gehlot
Jaipur: Congress MLA Rajendra Bidhudi on Sunday asked the Ashok Gehlot government in Rajasthan to hold talks with only Congress-supported Gujjar leaders on the quota issue.
"The government should avoid holding negotiations with BJP-oriented people who are misguiding innocent Gujjars on the reservation issue," he told reporters here.
Bidhudi, who resigned from the post of Parliamentary Secretary recently, held a meeting of Gujjar leaders from the state.
He said Kirori Singh Bainsla, who had spearheaded Gujjar agitations in the past, had misled the people, adding the government should not pay any attention to his threats.
Bidhudi also slammed Rajasthan Energy minister Jitendra Singh, who is from the Gujjar community, saying he had nothing to do with the community`s interests.
"Jitendra Singh mediates between Gujjars and the government but has no concern for the community," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India