Hold talks with Cong-supported Gujjar leaders: MLA to Gehlot
Jaipur: Congress MLA Rajendra Bidhudi on Sunday asked the Ashok Gehlot government in Rajasthan to hold talks with only Congress-supported Gujjar leaders on the quota issue.
"The government should avoid holding negotiations with BJP-oriented people who are misguiding innocent Gujjars on the reservation issue," he told reporters here.
Bidhudi, who resigned from the post of Parliamentary Secretary recently, held a meeting of Gujjar leaders from the state.
He said Kirori Singh Bainsla, who had spearheaded Gujjar agitations in the past, had misled the people, adding the government should not pay any attention to his threats.
Bidhudi also slammed Rajasthan Energy minister Jitendra Singh, who is from the Gujjar community, saying he had nothing to do with the community`s interests.
"Jitendra Singh mediates between Gujjars and the government but has no concern for the community," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far