'Honourable' and not 'His Excellency' for Governor in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The word 'Honourable' will now be used instead of the customary 'His Excellencey' for addressing the Governor in Rajasthan.
'Mananiya Rajyapal' or 'Rajyapal Mahodaya' will be used in Hindi and 'Honourable' instead of 'His Excellency' for addressing the Governor in English, an official release said.
The change in protocol is for functions organised in the state and also during the conversation between the Governor and other dignitaries, it said.
An order in this regard was issued by the Governor's Secretariat here today.
The change in protocol comes on the direction of Governor of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh Ram Naik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Indian consulate in Munich puts out advisory
- Chancellor Angela Merkel to convene German security council after Munich shootings: spokesman
- Merkel aide says cannot confirm Munich shooting was terrorism
- US stocks hit new records; weak British data hits pound
- Whirlpool's biggest challenge is rapid changes in global markets: CEO