'Honourable' and not 'His Excellency' for Governor in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The word 'Honourable' will now be used instead of the customary 'His Excellencey' for addressing the Governor in Rajasthan.
'Mananiya Rajyapal' or 'Rajyapal Mahodaya' will be used in Hindi and 'Honourable' instead of 'His Excellency' for addressing the Governor in English, an official release said.
The change in protocol is for functions organised in the state and also during the conversation between the Governor and other dignitaries, it said.
An order in this regard was issued by the Governor's Secretariat here today.
The change in protocol comes on the direction of Governor of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh Ram Naik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Govt plans to launch PM research fellowships for IIT graduates from next academic year
- Guwahati to host 2016 Indian Super League season opener
- An Alaskan village votes to relocate because of global warming
- US Judge blocks federal action on transgender students' bathroom access
- Athletics: Long jump star Rutherford swaps spikes for dancing shoes