'Honourable' and not 'His Excellency' for Governor in Rajasthan
Jaipur: The word 'Honourable' will now be used instead of the customary 'His Excellencey' for addressing the Governor in Rajasthan.
'Mananiya Rajyapal' or 'Rajyapal Mahodaya' will be used in Hindi and 'Honourable' instead of 'His Excellency' for addressing the Governor in English, an official release said.
The change in protocol is for functions organised in the state and also during the conversation between the Governor and other dignitaries, it said.
An order in this regard was issued by the Governor's Secretariat here today.
The change in protocol comes on the direction of Governor of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh Ram Naik.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened