Human sacrifice bid foiled in Rajasthan temple
Jaipur: A bid to carry out human sacrifice
was today foiled in a temple in Rajasamand district of
Rajasthan on Friday, police said.
Kesar Singh had, under the influence of alcohol, abducted
a 5-year-old boy Dashrath yesterday when he was playing in
Baloto village, they said.
Singh had taken the boy to a temple and attempted to slit
his throat with an axe when some children raised an alarm
following which he was nabbed by the locals.
The boy was rushed to hospital where he was being treated
for head injuries he sustained during the sacrifice bid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials
- US condemns North Korea missile test-fire, calls it 'provocation'
- Naxal killed in encounter in Chhattisgarh's Sukma