Husband kills pregnant wife in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A three-month pregnant woman was on Tuesday shot dead allegedly by her husband in Ramganj area here over a family dispute, police said.
The victim, identified as Shafakat Khan, was pregnant and had been living with her parents in Raigaron ki Kothi locality here for around three months, they said.
When her husband, Mohammad Iqbal went to bring her back today, she "refused" to go.
The refusal annoyed Iqbal, who then opened fire at his wife with a country-made pistol, Ramganj ACP, Narendra Mohan Sharma, said.
The injured woman was rushed to Sawai Man Singh government hospital where she was declared brought dead, he said, adding, the husband was held on the spot with the firearm.
A patrolling van reached the spot soon and caught the accused. The firearm has been seized, he added.
The husband is pursuing higher studies in Delhi, police said.
As per initial investigation, there were some dispute between the couple, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened