IAF displays precision fire power capabilities, manoeuvres
Pokhran: Frontline fighter jets, helicopters and transport aircraft of Indian Air Force on Friday displayed their operational and precision fire power capabilities during a day-night exercise in a range in Thar desert in Rajasthan.
Watched by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the exercise, one of the biggest conducted by the force, saw air to-ground weapons firing and precision bombing by IAF aircraft at the range near Jaisalmer.
"This is the demonstration of man, machine, weapons and technology interfaces before the supreme commander of the armed forces", who is the President, IAF chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne said.
Exhibiting their tremendous control over the flying machines, the pilots demonstrated their skills in manoeuvring a range of frontline planes like SU-30 MKI, Mirage 2000, Jaguar, MIG-21, MIG-27, MIG-29 besides Hawk trainers.
A highlight of the display was aerobatics and target bombing by indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and flying by Light Combat Helicopters (LCH).
Besides, the fire power demonstration IAF`s helicopter team Sarang gave a thrilling aerobatics demonstration. The Air Force also showcased its surface-to-air missile systems.
The show was also witnessed by Defence Minister AK Antony, Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and defence attaches of friendly countries at the sprawling Pokhran Range.
The exercise highlighted IAF`s capabilities to operate in a network-centric environment round-the-clock, the lethality and precision of its ground-based weapon systems and the efficiency of its special forces.
Giving an insight into the exercise and the level of modernisation in the force, Air Chief Marshal Browne said IAF has progressed to execute seamless network-centric operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'