IAF displays precision fire power capabilities, manoeuvres
Pokhran: Frontline fighter jets, helicopters and transport aircraft of Indian Air Force on Friday displayed their operational and precision fire power capabilities during a day-night exercise in a range in Thar desert in Rajasthan.
Watched by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the exercise, one of the biggest conducted by the force, saw air to-ground weapons firing and precision bombing by IAF aircraft at the range near Jaisalmer.
"This is the demonstration of man, machine, weapons and technology interfaces before the supreme commander of the armed forces", who is the President, IAF chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne said.
Exhibiting their tremendous control over the flying machines, the pilots demonstrated their skills in manoeuvring a range of frontline planes like SU-30 MKI, Mirage 2000, Jaguar, MIG-21, MIG-27, MIG-29 besides Hawk trainers.
A highlight of the display was aerobatics and target bombing by indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and flying by Light Combat Helicopters (LCH).
Besides, the fire power demonstration IAF`s helicopter team Sarang gave a thrilling aerobatics demonstration. The Air Force also showcased its surface-to-air missile systems.
The show was also witnessed by Defence Minister AK Antony, Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and defence attaches of friendly countries at the sprawling Pokhran Range.
The exercise highlighted IAF`s capabilities to operate in a network-centric environment round-the-clock, the lethality and precision of its ground-based weapon systems and the efficiency of its special forces.
Giving an insight into the exercise and the level of modernisation in the force, Air Chief Marshal Browne said IAF has progressed to execute seamless network-centric operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video