IAF displays precision fire power capabilities, manoeuvres
Pokhran: Frontline fighter jets, helicopters and transport aircraft of Indian Air Force on Friday displayed their operational and precision fire power capabilities during a day-night exercise in a range in Thar desert in Rajasthan.
Watched by President Pranab Mukherjee and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, the exercise, one of the biggest conducted by the force, saw air to-ground weapons firing and precision bombing by IAF aircraft at the range near Jaisalmer.
"This is the demonstration of man, machine, weapons and technology interfaces before the supreme commander of the armed forces", who is the President, IAF chief Air Chief Marshal NAK Browne said.
Exhibiting their tremendous control over the flying machines, the pilots demonstrated their skills in manoeuvring a range of frontline planes like SU-30 MKI, Mirage 2000, Jaguar, MIG-21, MIG-27, MIG-29 besides Hawk trainers.
A highlight of the display was aerobatics and target bombing by indigenous Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and flying by Light Combat Helicopters (LCH).
Besides, the fire power demonstration IAF`s helicopter team Sarang gave a thrilling aerobatics demonstration. The Air Force also showcased its surface-to-air missile systems.
The show was also witnessed by Defence Minister AK Antony, Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and defence attaches of friendly countries at the sprawling Pokhran Range.
The exercise highlighted IAF`s capabilities to operate in a network-centric environment round-the-clock, the lethality and precision of its ground-based weapon systems and the efficiency of its special forces.
Giving an insight into the exercise and the level of modernisation in the force, Air Chief Marshal Browne said IAF has progressed to execute seamless network-centric operations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India