Ice is melting, says Raj govt; talks to resume tomorrow
Jaipur: Agitating Gujjars and Rajasthan
government on Tuesday made positive noises after the latest round
of talks but consensus eluded the two sides on the main demand
for five per cent quota in state jobs for the community.
Gujjar leader Kirori Singh Bainsla led his team for
the fifth round of parleys as the stir entered the 16th day.
"The meeting was quite positive and ended on a
positive note. I am going to meet my delegation and will
finalise the matter," Bainsla told reporters after the meeting
at Energy Minister Jitender Singh`s official residence here.
"We will speak to the government again tomorrow and
then I will come to you (media)," he said.
Singh said that "the ice is melting now" and both the
sides were able to reach consensus on nine out of 11 demands.
"The remaining two issues - five per cent quota and
withdrawal of cases against all the agitators registered
during the stir will be discussed tomorrow formally," he said.
"I hope that a general opinion would be formed on
these remaining issues too," the Minister said.
Besides Singh, G S Sandhu, Principal Secretary, Urban
Development and Pali Collector Neeraj K Pawan took part in the
talks from the government side while Bainsla led the 16-member
The agitators have been blocking the Mumbai-Delhi rail
tracks at Pilukapura in Bharatpur, and Jaipur-Agra National
Highway at Dausa and several other roads in support of their
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!