Icy winds continue in Rajasthan, two beggars found dead
Jaipur: Two beggars were found dead in pink city which recorded season`s lowest minimum temperature even as icy winds and fog continued unabated in Rajasthan affecting normal life and vehicular traffic.
Two old beggars were found dead in open area of Jalupura and Subhash Chowk areas here in the city yesterday, police said.
Engulfed with mist and fog, Jaipur recorded the season`s lowest temperature of 2.8 degrees C, about 5 degrees below normal, as against 6.4 degree C yesterday, a MeT report said.
While Churu recorded the lowest temperature of minus 1.6 degrees C last night, Pilani recorded a minimum of 1.3 degrees C followed by Sriganganagar at 1.9 deg C, and Bikaner 2.0 degree C.
Barring Hadauti region (Kota division) where mercury was above ten degrees C during night, rest of the state reeled under intense cold conditions where the minimum temperature was below 8 degree C.
The western districts of Jaisalmer, Barmer, Jodhpur also shivered with a minimum temperature in the range of 4.4 to 6 degrees C.
According to the MeT forecast, no immediate respite from cold conditions is expected in next one week in the state.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged