Icy winds sweep Rajasthan, Mount Abu coldest at 0.5 deg C
Jaipur: With northerly icy winds sweeping the entire Rajasthan, Mount Abu, sole hill station, was the coldest place with a minimum temperature of 0.5 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said on Tuesday.
Mercury plummeted by one to three degrees C further at all places in the desert state.
In plains, people shivered in Churu where the minimum temperature dipped to 3.5 degrees C as compared to yesterday`s 4.8 degrees C.
Meanwhile, Ganganagar recorded a low of 5.2 degrees C followed by Pilani at 5.7 deg C, Chittorgarh at 6 deg C, Udaipur 6.3 deg C, Jodhpur at 7.2 deg C, and Jaipur at 7.3 degrees C.
Else where the night temperature varied between 8 and 10 degrees C.
Slight respite from cold conditions is expected in next 24 hours as the western disturbance has passed over the state, the MeT forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere