Icy winds sweep Rajasthan, Mount Abu coldest at 0.5 deg C
Jaipur: With northerly icy winds sweeping the entire Rajasthan, Mount Abu, sole hill station, was the coldest place with a minimum temperature of 0.5 degrees Celsius, a MeT official said on Tuesday.
Mercury plummeted by one to three degrees C further at all places in the desert state.
In plains, people shivered in Churu where the minimum temperature dipped to 3.5 degrees C as compared to yesterday`s 4.8 degrees C.
Meanwhile, Ganganagar recorded a low of 5.2 degrees C followed by Pilani at 5.7 deg C, Chittorgarh at 6 deg C, Udaipur 6.3 deg C, Jodhpur at 7.2 deg C, and Jaipur at 7.3 degrees C.
Else where the night temperature varied between 8 and 10 degrees C.
Slight respite from cold conditions is expected in next 24 hours as the western disturbance has passed over the state, the MeT forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- HILARIOUS! Virender Sehwag's take on Kohli and Kabali will leave you in splits
- Hrithik Roshan's kids Hrehaan and Hridhaan emulate daddy dearest and we are loving it! See pic
- France's Francois Hollande says Munich shooting is a ''terrorist attack''
- BSF trooper shoots dead young Muslim woman in Tripura after unsuccessful rape bid - Know what happened
- Brazilian scientists found another type of Zika-transmitting mosquito