Improvement in baby Damini`s condition
Jaipur: Motherless baby Damini, who has been battling for life at a hospital here, is showing signs of improvement, doctors attending to her said.
"There is a slight improvement in her condition. She is breathing with more comfort now and if the condition remains stable, we will remove her from ventilator later today," Dr Jaikrishan Mittal, who is attending to her, said on Tuesday.
The one-month-old baby girl, whose father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck, was shifted to a private hospital here in critical condition on Sunday after the Rajasthan government decided to bear her medical expenses.
Rickshaw puller Bablu, the baby`s father, said many people have offered him help. "People helped me a lot but this help will work only if my daughter survives. I am happy today as I was told that the condition of my daughter is improving," he said.
The infant`s mother died on September 20 after delivery and there was no one to look after her, so her father was forced to carry her in a cloth sling around his neck while driving rickshaw in Bharatpur.
The underweight and anaemic one-month-old girl was admitted to a hospital here on Sunday in critical condition.
"Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support. Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anaemic," Mittal had said yesterday.
When the dismal condition of Bablu came to light people from all walks of life extended help and the government decided to bear her medical expenses.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview