In Rajasthan, 87-year-old man rescued from borewell
Beed: An 87-year-old man, who had fallen into a 30-ft deep borewell shaft at Kuppa village of Wadvani tehsil in the district, was rescued in the wee hours Thursday, a district official said.
Manik Waygade, a farm labourer, fell into the borewell in the farm of Rajabhau Kale at about 1 PM yesterday.
The borewell was dug two years ago, but since it yielded no water, it was not in use, its mouth was covered by a basket.
Rescuers dug a parallel shaft to bring Waygade out while a team of doctors ensured oxygen supply through a pipe in the borewell, to help him breath.
Tehsildar Rajabhau Kadam said the elderly man was taken out from the borewell at around 2.30 AM today.
He was then admitted in the District Civil hospital and his condition was stable, Kadam said.
District collector Sunil Kendrekar, Superintendent of Police (SP) Dattatrya Mandlik and other senior officials from Beed supervised the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Vehicles near Ice House Police Station set on fire; Tamil Nadu govt to table bill on bull-taming sport at 5 pm
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog