In Rajasthan, 87-year-old man rescued from borewell
Beed: An 87-year-old man, who had fallen into a 30-ft deep borewell shaft at Kuppa village of Wadvani tehsil in the district, was rescued in the wee hours Thursday, a district official said.
Manik Waygade, a farm labourer, fell into the borewell in the farm of Rajabhau Kale at about 1 PM yesterday.
The borewell was dug two years ago, but since it yielded no water, it was not in use, its mouth was covered by a basket.
Rescuers dug a parallel shaft to bring Waygade out while a team of doctors ensured oxygen supply through a pipe in the borewell, to help him breath.
Tehsildar Rajabhau Kadam said the elderly man was taken out from the borewell at around 2.30 AM today.
He was then admitted in the District Civil hospital and his condition was stable, Kadam said.
District collector Sunil Kendrekar, Superintendent of Police (SP) Dattatrya Mandlik and other senior officials from Beed supervised the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah