In Rajasthan, 87-year-old man rescued from borewell
Beed: An 87-year-old man, who had fallen into a 30-ft deep borewell shaft at Kuppa village of Wadvani tehsil in the district, was rescued in the wee hours Thursday, a district official said.
Manik Waygade, a farm labourer, fell into the borewell in the farm of Rajabhau Kale at about 1 PM yesterday.
The borewell was dug two years ago, but since it yielded no water, it was not in use, its mouth was covered by a basket.
Rescuers dug a parallel shaft to bring Waygade out while a team of doctors ensured oxygen supply through a pipe in the borewell, to help him breath.
Tehsildar Rajabhau Kadam said the elderly man was taken out from the borewell at around 2.30 AM today.
He was then admitted in the District Civil hospital and his condition was stable, Kadam said.
District collector Sunil Kendrekar, Superintendent of Police (SP) Dattatrya Mandlik and other senior officials from Beed supervised the rescue operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster