Incessant rain disrupts normal life in Beed
Beed: Heavy downpour has disrupted normal life in this Central Maharashtra district.
The downpour, continuing since last evening, led to flooding of rivers, nullahs and streams in the district.
The water level in Majalgaon dam, a major irrigation project, has increased and it is now 74.49 per cent filled, Rajendra Dhahatonde, an engineer at the dam, said today.
Besides, minor and medium irrigation projects are overflowing due to the continuous rainfall.
Transport services were hit and both private and Government buses were plying late due to the incessant rain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan