Include "heat, cold waves" casualties in CRF: Raj Minister
Jaipur: Pointing to large-scale loss of
human lives and crops due to adverse weather conditions in
majority areas of Rajasthan, state Disaster Management and
Relief minister Brijendra Ola today urged the centre to
include damage accruing from extreme heat and cold wave
conditions in Calamity Relief Fund (CRF).
Twenty seven out of 33 districts covering a population
of 4.5 crore of the desert state face brunt of extreme weather
conditions in summer as well winter resulting in large scale
loss of human lives and damage to kharif and rabi crops, Ola
said addressing a conference here.
The conference is jointly organised by the state
government, UNICEF, Sphere-India, and National Disaster
Inclusion of casualties due to heat and cold waves
would help farmers get benefit under crop insurance and jobs
at relief camps, he added.
Scores of elected representatives of panchayats are
attending the two-day conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet