Include "heat, cold waves" casualties in CRF: Raj Minister
Jaipur: Pointing to large-scale loss of
human lives and crops due to adverse weather conditions in
majority areas of Rajasthan, state Disaster Management and
Relief minister Brijendra Ola today urged the centre to
include damage accruing from extreme heat and cold wave
conditions in Calamity Relief Fund (CRF).
Twenty seven out of 33 districts covering a population
of 4.5 crore of the desert state face brunt of extreme weather
conditions in summer as well winter resulting in large scale
loss of human lives and damage to kharif and rabi crops, Ola
said addressing a conference here.
The conference is jointly organised by the state
government, UNICEF, Sphere-India, and National Disaster
Inclusion of casualties due to heat and cold waves
would help farmers get benefit under crop insurance and jobs
at relief camps, he added.
Scores of elected representatives of panchayats are
attending the two-day conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof