Indian, US troops take part in simulated operation
Jodhpur: Troops of Indian and US armies
conducted night operations to neutralise and flush out
insurgents hiding in a village in Rajasthan during an exercise
codenamed `Desert Lark`.
The simulated operation was part of the ongoing war game
- codenamed `Exercise Yudh Abhyas`- between the two armies.
The drill saw Indian and US troops establishing a cordon
using their combat vehicles at night and then conduct
dismounted searches by day to flush out insurgents, Army
officials said on Tuesday.
The drill was performed in the Mahajan Field Range near
Bikaner last night and was witnessed by delegation leaders
from both the sides.
The seventh edition of Yudh Abhyas is taking place at two
locations under the South Western Command of the Indian Army.
While the field training exercises are being conducted at
Mahajan range, the Army Engineers from both sides are involved
in Ex Sarvada Saviour at Bathinda.
"Ex Sarvada Saviour is focused on challenges faced by
Sappers in countering threats of Improvised Explosive Devices
(IEDs), infrastructure development in strife torn regions and
execution of rescue and relief operations during natural
calamities or disasters," an army official said.
The field training exercise comprises troops from 2nd
Squadron, 14th US Cavalry Regiment from 25th Infantry
Division, along with a platoon of Strykers, and a similar
sized Indian Army contingent of mechanised infantry.
A number of key surveillance, communications and lED
detection and neutralisation technologies, available with both
sides, are being fielded in the exercise, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'