Indo-French air exercise `Garuda-V` begins in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: The fifth Indo-French air exercise `Garuda-V`, in which frontline fighter aircraft of both the countries are taking part, started at the Jodhpur airbase here on Monday.
"Both the Air Forces during the war game will practice aerial warfare, including manoeuvres, to carry out surgical strikes that will enhance operational cooperation," said defence spokesman Col S D Goswami.
"The exercise will help both the Air Forces to appreciate intricacies of planning and conduct of combat missions in an Operational Environment," he said.
Fighters including SU-30, Mig-27 (UPG), Mig-21 Bison, force multipliers such as AWACS and Flight Refueller Aircraft IL-78 will participate from the Indian side.
France has fielded their frontline Rafale fighter aircraft along with KC-135 Refueller.
The previous edition of the exercise was held at Istres, France in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Sonam Kapoor in awe of Anamika Khanna, stuns in beige drape- Pic you cannot miss!
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! When The Great Khali crushed two opponents in under a minute!
- Microsoft improves OneDrive photos, adds 'Pokemon Go' detector
- Munich attack: Facebook activates safety check tool
- Anamika Khanna weaves romance at India Couture Week