Indo-French air exercise `Garuda-V` begins in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: The fifth Indo-French air exercise `Garuda-V`, in which frontline fighter aircraft of both the countries are taking part, started at the Jodhpur airbase here on Monday.
"Both the Air Forces during the war game will practice aerial warfare, including manoeuvres, to carry out surgical strikes that will enhance operational cooperation," said defence spokesman Col S D Goswami.
"The exercise will help both the Air Forces to appreciate intricacies of planning and conduct of combat missions in an Operational Environment," he said.
Fighters including SU-30, Mig-27 (UPG), Mig-21 Bison, force multipliers such as AWACS and Flight Refueller Aircraft IL-78 will participate from the Indian side.
France has fielded their frontline Rafale fighter aircraft along with KC-135 Refueller.
The previous edition of the exercise was held at Istres, France in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan