Indo-French air exercise `Garuda-V` begins in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: The fifth Indo-French air exercise `Garuda-V`, in which frontline fighter aircraft of both the countries are taking part, started at the Jodhpur airbase here on Monday.
"Both the Air Forces during the war game will practice aerial warfare, including manoeuvres, to carry out surgical strikes that will enhance operational cooperation," said defence spokesman Col S D Goswami.
"The exercise will help both the Air Forces to appreciate intricacies of planning and conduct of combat missions in an Operational Environment," he said.
Fighters including SU-30, Mig-27 (UPG), Mig-21 Bison, force multipliers such as AWACS and Flight Refueller Aircraft IL-78 will participate from the Indian side.
France has fielded their frontline Rafale fighter aircraft along with KC-135 Refueller.
The previous edition of the exercise was held at Istres, France in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees