Indo-French air exercise `Garuda-V` begins in Jodhpur
Jodhpur: The fifth Indo-French air exercise `Garuda-V`, in which frontline fighter aircraft of both the countries are taking part, started at the Jodhpur airbase here on Monday.
"Both the Air Forces during the war game will practice aerial warfare, including manoeuvres, to carry out surgical strikes that will enhance operational cooperation," said defence spokesman Col S D Goswami.
"The exercise will help both the Air Forces to appreciate intricacies of planning and conduct of combat missions in an Operational Environment," he said.
Fighters including SU-30, Mig-27 (UPG), Mig-21 Bison, force multipliers such as AWACS and Flight Refueller Aircraft IL-78 will participate from the Indian side.
France has fielded their frontline Rafale fighter aircraft along with KC-135 Refueller.
The previous edition of the exercise was held at Istres, France in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- No respite from flood situation in UP, Bihar; schools closed in Allahabad, Varanasi
- India's private airlines request govt to allow them skip Pakistani airspace
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport