Inmate escapes from Kota Central Jail
Kota: A 33-year-old inmate serving life term in connection with a murder case escaped from the open jail camp in Kota central jail, officials said on Monday.
Narendra Meena, who was behind the bars since last ten years for murdering a person in Chechat village escaped last evening.
Jail officials lodged an FIR in the Nayapura police station of the city last night.
Meena was lodged in the Open Jail Camp and worked as a daily wage labourer in the city. He would leave for work in the morning and would return in the evening, Superintendent of Jail Narendra Swami said.
"After leaving for work yesterday morning Narendra did not return to Open Jail Camp till the scheduled time of 6.30 last evening," Swami added.
"The efforts are on to nab inmate," Sub Inspector Nayapura police station Mukesh Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home