Inmate escapes from Kota Central Jail
Kota: A 33-year-old inmate serving life term in connection with a murder case escaped from the open jail camp in Kota central jail, officials said on Monday.
Narendra Meena, who was behind the bars since last ten years for murdering a person in Chechat village escaped last evening.
Jail officials lodged an FIR in the Nayapura police station of the city last night.
Meena was lodged in the Open Jail Camp and worked as a daily wage labourer in the city. He would leave for work in the morning and would return in the evening, Superintendent of Jail Narendra Swami said.
"After leaving for work yesterday morning Narendra did not return to Open Jail Camp till the scheduled time of 6.30 last evening," Swami added.
"The efforts are on to nab inmate," Sub Inspector Nayapura police station Mukesh Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling