Inmate escapes from Kota Central Jail
Kota: A 33-year-old inmate serving life term in connection with a murder case escaped from the open jail camp in Kota central jail, officials said on Monday.
Narendra Meena, who was behind the bars since last ten years for murdering a person in Chechat village escaped last evening.
Jail officials lodged an FIR in the Nayapura police station of the city last night.
Meena was lodged in the Open Jail Camp and worked as a daily wage labourer in the city. He would leave for work in the morning and would return in the evening, Superintendent of Jail Narendra Swami said.
"After leaving for work yesterday morning Narendra did not return to Open Jail Camp till the scheduled time of 6.30 last evening," Swami added.
"The efforts are on to nab inmate," Sub Inspector Nayapura police station Mukesh Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees