IPL row: Raje dares Gehlot to have charge against her probed
Jaipur: Terming as "baseless" Rajasthan
Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot`s charge that she had propped up
IPL chief Lalit Modi, BJP leader Vasundhara Raje on Friday dared
Gehlot to have the IPL matter probed by any agency.
"Ashok Gehlot has brought against me allegations in
the same manner as he had done repeatedly in the past. Gehlot
set up a probe committee (Mathur Commission) but not a single
allegation could be proved. He can now get a probe by any
agency conducted into the IPL matter", Raje said in a
Raje`s reaction came a day after Gehlot had charged her
with having propped up Modi and asked her to clarify whether
any state funds were pumped into the T-20 cricketing body.
Raje alleged that "with political revenge in mind, the
Mathur Commission was set up to expose the previous BJP
government`s work...crores of rupees were spent on the
Commission...hundreds of files opened and searched...but the
result was zero. Even the High Court and the Supreme Court
challenged the validity of such Commission," she said.
"Today, the state government has got all investigating
agencies at its command. I have said this dozens of times in
and outside the assembly that if the Gehlot government got any
facts to substantiate the allegations, then it should prove
these", she said.
Raje said the Congress government in the state spent 17
months in power without being able to prove any charge
against the previous BJP government.
"To divert the attention of people of the state from
burning issues of water, power, inflation, and unemployment,
Gehlot always used do it like this," she charged.
"It would be better if he (Gehlot) refrains from making
baseless charges and does something good for the public", she
"I would have been happy had Gehlot avoided IPL worries
and thought of BPL families living in extreme poverty in the
state", Raje remarked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video