IPS officer Ajay Singh to be shifted to Jaipur central jail
Jaipur: IPS officer Ajay Singh, who is facing corruption charges, will soon be shifted to Jaipur central jail from Ajmer due to security reasons, officials said on Saturday.
"Singh is being shifted to Jaipur jail from Ajmer due to security and administrative reasons," a jail official said in Ajmer.
He said that Singh had arrested some local miscreants during his posting as Assistant Superintendent of Police in Ajmer and they are also lodged in the same jail and may pose a threat to him.
34-year-old Singh, an officer of the 2009-batch, had allegedly demanded a bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh from one Bhawani Singh, threatening him to implicate him a false case if he failed to furnish the amount.
After verification of Bhanwani`s complaint, an Anti-Corruption Bureau team laid a trap and caught an Assistant Sub-Inspector, Prem Singh, while he was taking Rs 1 lakh as bribe allegedly on behalf of the officer in Ajmer.
On receiving information of the trap, the IPS officer tried to flee to his hometown in Bharatpur district from Ajmer, but was caught near Kanota in Jaipur.
The duo, arrested on Thursday, was sent to judicial custody yesterday.
Meanwhile, Ajay`s counsel has filed a bail application in the Additional District court in Ajmer and hearing has been scheduled for Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra