IPS officer Ajay Singh to be shifted to Jaipur central jail
Jaipur: IPS officer Ajay Singh, who is facing corruption charges, will soon be shifted to Jaipur central jail from Ajmer due to security reasons, officials said on Saturday.
"Singh is being shifted to Jaipur jail from Ajmer due to security and administrative reasons," a jail official said in Ajmer.
He said that Singh had arrested some local miscreants during his posting as Assistant Superintendent of Police in Ajmer and they are also lodged in the same jail and may pose a threat to him.
34-year-old Singh, an officer of the 2009-batch, had allegedly demanded a bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh from one Bhawani Singh, threatening him to implicate him a false case if he failed to furnish the amount.
After verification of Bhanwani`s complaint, an Anti-Corruption Bureau team laid a trap and caught an Assistant Sub-Inspector, Prem Singh, while he was taking Rs 1 lakh as bribe allegedly on behalf of the officer in Ajmer.
On receiving information of the trap, the IPS officer tried to flee to his hometown in Bharatpur district from Ajmer, but was caught near Kanota in Jaipur.
The duo, arrested on Thursday, was sent to judicial custody yesterday.
Meanwhile, Ajay`s counsel has filed a bail application in the Additional District court in Ajmer and hearing has been scheduled for Monday.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan