IPS officer Ajay Singh to be shifted to Jaipur central jail
Jaipur: IPS officer Ajay Singh, who is facing corruption charges, will soon be shifted to Jaipur central jail from Ajmer due to security reasons, officials said on Saturday.
"Singh is being shifted to Jaipur jail from Ajmer due to security and administrative reasons," a jail official said in Ajmer.
He said that Singh had arrested some local miscreants during his posting as Assistant Superintendent of Police in Ajmer and they are also lodged in the same jail and may pose a threat to him.
34-year-old Singh, an officer of the 2009-batch, had allegedly demanded a bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh from one Bhawani Singh, threatening him to implicate him a false case if he failed to furnish the amount.
After verification of Bhanwani`s complaint, an Anti-Corruption Bureau team laid a trap and caught an Assistant Sub-Inspector, Prem Singh, while he was taking Rs 1 lakh as bribe allegedly on behalf of the officer in Ajmer.
On receiving information of the trap, the IPS officer tried to flee to his hometown in Bharatpur district from Ajmer, but was caught near Kanota in Jaipur.
The duo, arrested on Thursday, was sent to judicial custody yesterday.
Meanwhile, Ajay`s counsel has filed a bail application in the Additional District court in Ajmer and hearing has been scheduled for Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India