IPS officer Ajay Singh to be shifted to Jaipur central jail
Jaipur: IPS officer Ajay Singh, who is facing corruption charges, will soon be shifted to Jaipur central jail from Ajmer due to security reasons, officials said on Saturday.
"Singh is being shifted to Jaipur jail from Ajmer due to security and administrative reasons," a jail official said in Ajmer.
He said that Singh had arrested some local miscreants during his posting as Assistant Superintendent of Police in Ajmer and they are also lodged in the same jail and may pose a threat to him.
34-year-old Singh, an officer of the 2009-batch, had allegedly demanded a bribe of Rs 1.5 lakh from one Bhawani Singh, threatening him to implicate him a false case if he failed to furnish the amount.
After verification of Bhanwani`s complaint, an Anti-Corruption Bureau team laid a trap and caught an Assistant Sub-Inspector, Prem Singh, while he was taking Rs 1 lakh as bribe allegedly on behalf of the officer in Ajmer.
On receiving information of the trap, the IPS officer tried to flee to his hometown in Bharatpur district from Ajmer, but was caught near Kanota in Jaipur.
The duo, arrested on Thursday, was sent to judicial custody yesterday.
Meanwhile, Ajay`s counsel has filed a bail application in the Additional District court in Ajmer and hearing has been scheduled for Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price