`Iron Fist`: Prez, PM to witness IAF`s day-night demo in Pokhran
Jaipur: President Pranab Mukherjee, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Defence Minister AK Antony will witness the operational capabilities of the Indian Air Force in its first ever day-night demonstration `Iron Fist` in the Pokhran firing ranges in Rajasthan, on Friday.
"Preparations for the exercise have been completed. Over 100 fighter and transport aircrafts and as many helicopters on standby will participate in the demonstration," defence spokesperson S D Goswami said here on Thursday.
The mammoth fire power exercise will witness the debut of indigenous light combat aircraft (LCA) `Tejas` and light combat helicopter (LCH) `Rudra`.
Several aircraft - including Sukhoi 30, Mirage 2000, Jaguar, Mig 27, Mig 21, Mig 29, attack helicopters, UAV and high-tech Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) - will display their potential, Goswami said.
The newly inducted state-of-the-art trainer aircraft Pilatus-7, will display its strength during the event and will also be a part of the fly past.
The AWACS will be used to monitor the mammoth exercise and an unmanned aerial vehicle will stream live video images of the targets set for destruction.
The air defence activities will include firing of surface-to-air guided missiles, display by para jumping team Akash Ganga and the helicopter aerobatics team, Sarang.
SP Jaisalmer Mamta Bishnoi said the civil administration and police have completed preparations for the visits and the show.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday