ISI spy-ring member arrested from Rajasthan
Ahmedabad: City Crime Branch on Friday arrested an alleged agent of Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Naushad Ali from Jodhpur on charges of espionage.
With his arrest, the police have so far nabbed four persons in connection with spying for ISI in the last 20 days.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) A K Sharma said, "Interrogation of the suspects arrested earlier helped us in nabbing Ali, a resident of Jodhpur. Ali has been arrested for supplying information to ISI about Indian Army.
"He has told us that he visited Pakistan in 2005, 2008 and 2009, and was in touch with one Tahir over there.
"Ali has completed his B Com, was giving tuitions, and doing website development work with his brother-in-law," Sharma said, adding his sister had settled in Pakistan after marriage.
Ali had created a fake Facebook account and sent messages through it, he said.
"During preliminary interrogation, he disclosed that he was given training in Pakistan by ISI to identify Army officers based on their badges, supply details about their designations and the nature of work undertaken by them.
"Ali said he was in touch with another Pakistan-based ISI man, Teimur. Ali, apparently, used to save message in drafts which could be accessed through e-mail by Pakistani officials," Sharma said, adding that the same method was used by Sirajuddin Fakir, who was arrested earlier.
He was paid Rs 74,000 for the spying, but police suspect Ali was supplying information to ensure security of family members in Pakistan.
On October 14, police arrested Sirajuddin Fakir and Mohammad Ayub, both from Jamalpur area here, which led to arrest of another ISI agent Idrish Pinjara, based in Jamnagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims
- Islamic preacher Zakir Naik's 'aide' arrested over alleged terror links
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech