ISI spy-ring member arrested from Rajasthan
Ahmedabad: City Crime Branch on Friday arrested an alleged agent of Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) Naushad Ali from Jodhpur on charges of espionage.
With his arrest, the police have so far nabbed four persons in connection with spying for ISI in the last 20 days.
Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) A K Sharma said, "Interrogation of the suspects arrested earlier helped us in nabbing Ali, a resident of Jodhpur. Ali has been arrested for supplying information to ISI about Indian Army.
"He has told us that he visited Pakistan in 2005, 2008 and 2009, and was in touch with one Tahir over there.
"Ali has completed his B Com, was giving tuitions, and doing website development work with his brother-in-law," Sharma said, adding his sister had settled in Pakistan after marriage.
Ali had created a fake Facebook account and sent messages through it, he said.
"During preliminary interrogation, he disclosed that he was given training in Pakistan by ISI to identify Army officers based on their badges, supply details about their designations and the nature of work undertaken by them.
"Ali said he was in touch with another Pakistan-based ISI man, Teimur. Ali, apparently, used to save message in drafts which could be accessed through e-mail by Pakistani officials," Sharma said, adding that the same method was used by Sirajuddin Fakir, who was arrested earlier.
He was paid Rs 74,000 for the spying, but police suspect Ali was supplying information to ensure security of family members in Pakistan.
On October 14, police arrested Sirajuddin Fakir and Mohammad Ayub, both from Jamalpur area here, which led to arrest of another ISI agent Idrish Pinjara, based in Jamnagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon