Israeli Ambassador, Rajasthan CM discuss enhancing agricultural ties
Jaipur: Israeli Ambassador Alon Ushpiz and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday met here to discuss ways to enhance tie-ups and collaboration in fields of agriculture and water management.
The Ambassador of Israel to India, who was on a two-day visit here, also laid the foundation stone for an Indo-Israel Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Pomegranates along with the state Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak in Bassi town near here.
He informed that three Indo-Israel CoEs are in various stages of development in Rajasthan for transfer and adaptation of Israeli technologies and know-how to farmers in the state.
In addition to Bassi, a centre dedicated for citrus is in the works in Kota and in Jaislamer.
"Israeli experts are working together with local counterparts on prototypes of palm trees, in an aim to develop a date growing industry in the state.
In addition to these Government initiatives, a private sector venture of Israeli olive plantations has started to bear fruit in various sites across the state," a release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days