Israeli Ambassador, Rajasthan CM discuss enhancing agricultural ties
Jaipur: Israeli Ambassador Alon Ushpiz and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday met here to discuss ways to enhance tie-ups and collaboration in fields of agriculture and water management.
The Ambassador of Israel to India, who was on a two-day visit here, also laid the foundation stone for an Indo-Israel Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Pomegranates along with the state Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak in Bassi town near here.
He informed that three Indo-Israel CoEs are in various stages of development in Rajasthan for transfer and adaptation of Israeli technologies and know-how to farmers in the state.
In addition to Bassi, a centre dedicated for citrus is in the works in Kota and in Jaislamer.
"Israeli experts are working together with local counterparts on prototypes of palm trees, in an aim to develop a date growing industry in the state.
In addition to these Government initiatives, a private sector venture of Israeli olive plantations has started to bear fruit in various sites across the state," a release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- Media house attacked over derogatory cartoon in Maharashtra
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals