Israeli Ambassador, Rajasthan CM discuss enhancing agricultural ties
Jaipur: Israeli Ambassador Alon Ushpiz and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday met here to discuss ways to enhance tie-ups and collaboration in fields of agriculture and water management.
The Ambassador of Israel to India, who was on a two-day visit here, also laid the foundation stone for an Indo-Israel Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Pomegranates along with the state Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak in Bassi town near here.
He informed that three Indo-Israel CoEs are in various stages of development in Rajasthan for transfer and adaptation of Israeli technologies and know-how to farmers in the state.
In addition to Bassi, a centre dedicated for citrus is in the works in Kota and in Jaislamer.
"Israeli experts are working together with local counterparts on prototypes of palm trees, in an aim to develop a date growing industry in the state.
In addition to these Government initiatives, a private sector venture of Israeli olive plantations has started to bear fruit in various sites across the state," a release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre