Israeli Ambassador, Rajasthan CM discuss enhancing agricultural ties
Jaipur: Israeli Ambassador Alon Ushpiz and Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Thursday met here to discuss ways to enhance tie-ups and collaboration in fields of agriculture and water management.
The Ambassador of Israel to India, who was on a two-day visit here, also laid the foundation stone for an Indo-Israel Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Pomegranates along with the state Agriculture minister Harjiram Burdak in Bassi town near here.
He informed that three Indo-Israel CoEs are in various stages of development in Rajasthan for transfer and adaptation of Israeli technologies and know-how to farmers in the state.
In addition to Bassi, a centre dedicated for citrus is in the works in Kota and in Jaislamer.
"Israeli experts are working together with local counterparts on prototypes of palm trees, in an aim to develop a date growing industry in the state.
In addition to these Government initiatives, a private sector venture of Israeli olive plantations has started to bear fruit in various sites across the state," a release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral