IT dept to monitor movement of black money during Rajasthan polls
Jaipur: Income Tax department has formed verifications cells in all 33 districts of Rajasthan to monitor movement of black money during the upcoming Assembly election in the state.
Three Air Intelligence Units (AIU) have also been formed at Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur airports to check movement of cash and other valuables by air, Additional Commissioner Income Tax Sanjiv Singh said on Thursday.
In the districts, two verification cells consisting of one officer and two inspectors have been formed as per Election Commission`s direction. These cells will closely monitor the movement of unaccounted cash and bullion.
Railway Protection Force (RPF) has also been requested to keep an eye on the transport of cash over Rs 10 lakh and gold weighing 1 kg or more through Railways during the election period.
The Election Commission has directed District Electoral Officers (DEOs) that information about withdrawal of cash exceeding Rs 10 lakh from any bank in their jurisdiction should be passed on to the sub-nodal officer concerned of the Income Tax department for necessary action.
Officers of the department have also held meeting with representatives of hotels in respect of movement of cash and valuables likely to be used in elections and they have been sensitised to keep a close watch on any such suspicious activity.
Singh said a state level control room functioning round-the-clock has been set up here and a?toll-free number (1800-180-6784) installed for general public to give information related to movement of black money during the elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!