Jain community inclusion in OBC list to be considered: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday assured Jain community to consider their demand of including the community in Other Backward Class category.
In response to the demand of the community at a function here, Gehlot said the state Cabinet would look into the demand and that he will be happy to take a decision as per the sentiments of the community.
Gehlot said in his previous regime (1998-2003), efforts had been made in this direction but the demand remained unaddressed because of change in the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step