Jain community inclusion in OBC list to be considered: Gehlot
Jaipur: Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Tuesday assured Jain community to consider their demand of including the community in Other Backward Class category.
In response to the demand of the community at a function here, Gehlot said the state Cabinet would look into the demand and that he will be happy to take a decision as per the sentiments of the community.
Gehlot said in his previous regime (1998-2003), efforts had been made in this direction but the demand remained unaddressed because of change in the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug