Jaipal Reddy inaugurates Jaipur`s first BRTS corridor
Jaipur: Union Minister for Urban
Development Jaipal Reddy Saturday inaugurated the city`s first
BRTS (Bus Rapid Transit System) corridor, saying it would
improve the local public transport system in a big way.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony here, Reddy said
while commuters in the Pink City will immensely benefit from
the 7.1 km corridor, their transportation woes will be
completely over with the introduction of the Jaipur Metro rail
project on which work would start soon.
Assuring the state government of all help from the
Centre in this regard, he said its dedicated efforts were
needed for the successful implementation of the Metro rail
Reddy also announced that the Union government was
mulling running projects under the Jawaharlal Nehru National
Urban Renewal Mission in three more cities of Rajasthan
including Jodhpur, Bikaner and Kota in the near future.
Speaking at the ceremony, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
said his government was making all possible efforts to improve
the public transport system in the state and the BRTS was a
step in that direction.
State Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal said the 7.1 km
corridor from Sikar bypass to Ambabari locality of the city
is the first phase of the BRTS project which is to be
completed in three phases.
The dedicated corridor, built at a cost of around Rs
65 crore, has 21 bus stoppages and shelters, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note