Jaipal Reddy inaugurates Jaipur`s first BRTS corridor
Jaipur: Union Minister for Urban
Development Jaipal Reddy Saturday inaugurated the city`s first
BRTS (Bus Rapid Transit System) corridor, saying it would
improve the local public transport system in a big way.
Speaking at the inauguration ceremony here, Reddy said
while commuters in the Pink City will immensely benefit from
the 7.1 km corridor, their transportation woes will be
completely over with the introduction of the Jaipur Metro rail
project on which work would start soon.
Assuring the state government of all help from the
Centre in this regard, he said its dedicated efforts were
needed for the successful implementation of the Metro rail
Reddy also announced that the Union government was
mulling running projects under the Jawaharlal Nehru National
Urban Renewal Mission in three more cities of Rajasthan
including Jodhpur, Bikaner and Kota in the near future.
Speaking at the ceremony, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot
said his government was making all possible efforts to improve
the public transport system in the state and the BRTS was a
step in that direction.
State Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal said the 7.1 km
corridor from Sikar bypass to Ambabari locality of the city
is the first phase of the BRTS project which is to be
completed in three phases.
The dedicated corridor, built at a cost of around Rs
65 crore, has 21 bus stoppages and shelters, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi