Jaipur, Ajmer play host to Kashmiri students
Jaipur: A group of students from terror affected areas in Kashmir Valley arrived here on Saturday as a part of Army sponsored national integration tour.
Army Commander Lt Gen Gyan Bhusan received 25 students accompanied by their teacher, hailing from the remote areas of Nowshera district.
Defence spokesperson S D Goswami said the group will visit City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Museum, Jantar Mantar, Jal Mahal and Amber Fort in Jaipur, Dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti in Ajmer among other places.
Prior to this, the group sponsored by the Army as part of `OP Sadbhavana`, had toured various historical sites and monuments in Delhi, Agra and Jammu in the first phase of the tour, he added.
The students will get the opportunity to observe the different cultures and explore the country`s secular fabric by visiting various places, Goswami said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam