Jaipur autos, taxis to get GPS
Jaipur: Auto rickshaws and taxis in this Rajasthan capital city, a hot tourist destination, will now have GPS trackers installed in them.
The Rajasthan Transport Department and the state police have geared up to install Geo Positioning System (GPS) in auto rickshaws and taxis.
The system will enable the authorities to track the autos and control their operations as well.
According to a senior transport department official, the blueprint has been prepared for installation of GPS in all autos. The new system will start from Jaipur and later on it will be implemented in other cities like Jodhpur and Kota.
The Traffic Control Board comprising officials from police, transport department and Jaipur Development Authority (JDA) has given its approval for implementation of GPS.
The department has identified the kind of GPS which will be used in the state. The Pink city has over 12,000 autos and there will one control room.
"There are many companies in the country which manufacture, market and install GPS in autos and taxis. The department will soon start process of inviting expression of interest for this project," the official said.
"We hope that the GPS in all autos here will be installed soon as we have all approval and only the process has to be started," he added.
Many states including the national capital Delhi have implemented GPS in autos and others have also initiated the process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow