Jaipur bomb scare: Woman sent e-mail to teach boyfriend lesson
Jaipur: Peeved over the marriage of her boyfriend, a 25-year-old woman with an intention to land him in trouble sent an e-mail to chief minister`s office and Jaipur police threatening a bomb blast on June 13.
Police said Ritu Sharma had an affair with Amit Jain, who was married to some other girl some time back.
Annoyed over the issue, Ritu sent the e-mail from a fake id to Chief Minister`s Office, DGP, Jaipur Police commissioner and other police officers yesterday.
"The sender un-specifically mentioned the name and postal address of Amit, resident of Pratap Nagar, in the e-mail and said that a letter having information about the plan of bomb blast in Jaipur on June 13 was about to be delivered to him," Additional Police Commissioner Girraj Meena said on Thursday.
"It was also mentioned in the e-mail that there were information related to Army cantonment in the letter following which the Army as well as Central Intelligence authorities were informed and investigation started by police," he said.
A police team rushed to the postal address mentioned in the email and held Amit.
He expressed ignorance about such e-mail and letter and suspected that her former girlfriend Ritu may be behind this, police said.
Meanwhile, the IP addressed of the computer which was used to create and send the e-mail was traced to a cyber cafe in Vaishali Nagar.
The cyber cafe owner verified that a woman named Ritu had visited the cafe yesterday.
Thereafter, the woman was today picked up for questioning and later placed under arrest under IT Act for her involvement in the matter, police said.
Ritu is an MBA degree holder and presently unemployed, DCP (West) Dr Ravi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief