Jaipur building collapse: Death toll rises to five
Jaipur: The death toll in the building collapse in Bhatta-Basti here has risen to five with the recovery of two more bodies in the early hours on Sunday, police said.
"Bodies of Mahroon Khatoon (30) and eight-year-old girl Bablee were recovered after removing rubbles," ACP, Shastri Nagar, Rajesh Beniwal told a news agency.
Raju (20), Sabir (18) and nine-year-old Babloo were killed and 12 injured when the four-storey building collapsed in the wee hours yesterday.
Among the injured, nine were discharged last evening, and three were still being treated at a government hospital, he said.
Meanwhile, the owner of the building, Saleem Khan (50) was arrested from Khandela town and charged under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code for culpable homicide, Beniwal said.
The Jaipur Municipal Corporation has ordered an enquiry into the illegal construction flouting housing norms.
A family, hailing from Bihar, was residing in the building as tenant, he said, adding that some of their relatives were also staying with them when the building collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state