Jaipur building collapse: Death toll rises to five
Jaipur: The death toll in the building collapse in Bhatta-Basti here has risen to five with the recovery of two more bodies in the early hours on Sunday, police said.
"Bodies of Mahroon Khatoon (30) and eight-year-old girl Bablee were recovered after removing rubbles," ACP, Shastri Nagar, Rajesh Beniwal told a news agency.
Raju (20), Sabir (18) and nine-year-old Babloo were killed and 12 injured when the four-storey building collapsed in the wee hours yesterday.
Among the injured, nine were discharged last evening, and three were still being treated at a government hospital, he said.
Meanwhile, the owner of the building, Saleem Khan (50) was arrested from Khandela town and charged under Section 304 of the Indian Penal Code for culpable homicide, Beniwal said.
The Jaipur Municipal Corporation has ordered an enquiry into the illegal construction flouting housing norms.
A family, hailing from Bihar, was residing in the building as tenant, he said, adding that some of their relatives were also staying with them when the building collapsed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA