Jaipur: Constable accused of rape, suspended
Jaipur: A constable was placed under
suspension today after he was accused of raping a woman from
Borana village, police said.
Ajit, the accused constable posted at Chechat police
station, had allegedly raped the woman on Thursday.
"The victim said that she was on her way to Kota in a
passenger jeep when Ajit met her near Modak when the jeep
stopped at a stand," Circle Officer Praveen Jain said.
Since she was familier with him, she accepted her offer to
halt there for some time, Jain said, adding "the constable
then took her to some isolated area and raped her."
He said in order to conduct a fair probe, the constable
was suspended today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor