Jaipur: Constable accused of rape, suspended
Jaipur: A constable was placed under
suspension today after he was accused of raping a woman from
Borana village, police said.
Ajit, the accused constable posted at Chechat police
station, had allegedly raped the woman on Thursday.
"The victim said that she was on her way to Kota in a
passenger jeep when Ajit met her near Modak when the jeep
stopped at a stand," Circle Officer Praveen Jain said.
Since she was familier with him, she accepted her offer to
halt there for some time, Jain said, adding "the constable
then took her to some isolated area and raped her."
He said in order to conduct a fair probe, the constable
was suspended today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...