Jaipur: Constable accused of rape, suspended
Jaipur: A constable was placed under
suspension today after he was accused of raping a woman from
Borana village, police said.
Ajit, the accused constable posted at Chechat police
station, had allegedly raped the woman on Thursday.
"The victim said that she was on her way to Kota in a
passenger jeep when Ajit met her near Modak when the jeep
stopped at a stand," Circle Officer Praveen Jain said.
Since she was familier with him, she accepted her offer to
halt there for some time, Jain said, adding "the constable
then took her to some isolated area and raped her."
He said in order to conduct a fair probe, the constable
was suspended today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble