Jaipur: Doctors call off strike
Jaipur: Resident doctors at seven hospitals
here, who had struck work to protest the alleged misbehaviour
with one of their colleagues, today called off their stir.
The doctors, demanding proper security arrangements for
them in hospitals, had gone on strike yesterday after their
colleague on duty at the Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital
was allegedly assaulted on Monday night.
The residents doctors called off the strike in the
evening following written assurance from the government
regarding adequate security for them in hospitals.
"The government and the hospital authorities gave
positive response and assured us to review security
arrangements following which we called off our strike," Dr
Ashok, representative of the resident doctors, said.
Medical services were affected for over a day in the
seven hospitals, including the Sawai Man Singh Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah