Jaipur: Doctors call off strike
Jaipur: Resident doctors at seven hospitals
here, who had struck work to protest the alleged misbehaviour
with one of their colleagues, today called off their stir.
The doctors, demanding proper security arrangements for
them in hospitals, had gone on strike yesterday after their
colleague on duty at the Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital
was allegedly assaulted on Monday night.
The residents doctors called off the strike in the
evening following written assurance from the government
regarding adequate security for them in hospitals.
"The government and the hospital authorities gave
positive response and assured us to review security
arrangements following which we called off our strike," Dr
Ashok, representative of the resident doctors, said.
Medical services were affected for over a day in the
seven hospitals, including the Sawai Man Singh Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured