Jaipur: Doctors call off strike
Jaipur: Resident doctors at seven hospitals
here, who had struck work to protest the alleged misbehaviour
with one of their colleagues, today called off their stir.
The doctors, demanding proper security arrangements for
them in hospitals, had gone on strike yesterday after their
colleague on duty at the Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital
was allegedly assaulted on Monday night.
The residents doctors called off the strike in the
evening following written assurance from the government
regarding adequate security for them in hospitals.
"The government and the hospital authorities gave
positive response and assured us to review security
arrangements following which we called off our strike," Dr
Ashok, representative of the resident doctors, said.
Medical services were affected for over a day in the
seven hospitals, including the Sawai Man Singh Hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living