Jaipur: The AC coaches of the Delhi-Jodhpur bound Mandore Express on Friday caught fire probably caused by a short circuit. However, no casualty was reported in the incident.
According to eye witnesses, the train was resting in the yard after its arrival in Jodhpur from Delhi where some of its AC coaches caught fire.
Railway staff and fire safety officials were immediately rushed to douse the fire and necessary steps were taken to minimize the damage.
Gopal Sharma, the PRO of the Eastern Railway, who confirmed the development, said, “The fire has been contained and an inquiry has been ordered to ascertain what caused fire.”
Meanwhile, an incident of fire was also reported in the Suryanagiri Express today. However, there was no casualty in the incident.
First Published: Friday, July 13, 2012, 13:25