Jaipur HC orders CBI probe into IPS officer`s land deal
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court on Wednesday
ordered a CBI probe into the alleged land deal by M K
Devrajan, the Director-General of Anti-Corruption Bureau of
the state police, and his wife.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice K S Chaudhari and
Justice R C Gandhi, said the state government was at liberty
to transfer the IPS officer to any other equivalent post till
the probe was over.
It said the Court was of the opinion that the entire
episode of land transaction between the vendor and the vendee
needed to be investigated by the CBI.
"Till the CBI concludes its probe, it shall be in the
interest of justice and fitness of things that respondent M K
Devrajan shall report to the Administrative Department of the
"The state government is at liberty to post him to any
other equivalent post," Tanveer Ahmed, counsel for petitioner
Hemant Gajraj quoting the order said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened