Jaipur HC orders CBI probe into IPS officer`s land deal
Jaipur: The Rajasthan High Court on Wednesday
ordered a CBI probe into the alleged land deal by M K
Devrajan, the Director-General of Anti-Corruption Bureau of
the state police, and his wife.
A Division Bench, comprising Justice K S Chaudhari and
Justice R C Gandhi, said the state government was at liberty
to transfer the IPS officer to any other equivalent post till
the probe was over.
It said the Court was of the opinion that the entire
episode of land transaction between the vendor and the vendee
needed to be investigated by the CBI.
"Till the CBI concludes its probe, it shall be in the
interest of justice and fitness of things that respondent M K
Devrajan shall report to the Administrative Department of the
"The state government is at liberty to post him to any
other equivalent post," Tanveer Ahmed, counsel for petitioner
Hemant Gajraj quoting the order said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata