Jaipur: Improvement in baby Damini`s condition
Jaipur: Motherless baby Damini, who has been battling for life at a hospital here, is showing signs of improvement, doctors attending to her said.
"There is a slight improvement in her condition. She is breathing with more comfort now and if the condition remains stable, we will remove her from ventilator later today," Dr Jaikrishan Mittal, who is attending to her, said.
The one-month-old baby girl, whose father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck, was shifted to a private hospital here in critical condition on Sunday after the Rajasthan government decided to bear her medical expenses.
Rickshaw puller Bablu, the baby`s father, said many people have offered him help. "People helped me a lot but this help will work only if my daughter survives. I am happy today as I was told that the condition of my daughter is improving," he said.
The infant`s mother died on September 20 after delivery and there was no one to look after her, so her father was forced to carry her in a cloth sling around his neck while driving rickshaw in Bharatpur.
The underweight and anemic one-month-old girl was admitted to a hospital here on Sunday in critical condition.
"Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support. Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anemic," Mittal had said yesterday.
When the dismal condition of Bablu came to light people from all walks of life extended help and the government decided to bear her medical expenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Turkey will give full support to operation to retake Syria's Jarablus from Islamic State: Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'