Jaipur: Improvement in baby Damini`s condition
Jaipur: Motherless baby Damini, who has been battling for life at a hospital here, is showing signs of improvement, doctors attending to her said.
"There is a slight improvement in her condition. She is breathing with more comfort now and if the condition remains stable, we will remove her from ventilator later today," Dr Jaikrishan Mittal, who is attending to her, said.
The one-month-old baby girl, whose father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck, was shifted to a private hospital here in critical condition on Sunday after the Rajasthan government decided to bear her medical expenses.
Rickshaw puller Bablu, the baby`s father, said many people have offered him help. "People helped me a lot but this help will work only if my daughter survives. I am happy today as I was told that the condition of my daughter is improving," he said.
The infant`s mother died on September 20 after delivery and there was no one to look after her, so her father was forced to carry her in a cloth sling around his neck while driving rickshaw in Bharatpur.
The underweight and anemic one-month-old girl was admitted to a hospital here on Sunday in critical condition.
"Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support. Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anemic," Mittal had said yesterday.
When the dismal condition of Bablu came to light people from all walks of life extended help and the government decided to bear her medical expenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali