Jaipur: Improvement in baby Damini`s condition
Jaipur: Motherless baby Damini, who has been battling for life at a hospital here, is showing signs of improvement, doctors attending to her said.
"There is a slight improvement in her condition. She is breathing with more comfort now and if the condition remains stable, we will remove her from ventilator later today," Dr Jaikrishan Mittal, who is attending to her, said.
The one-month-old baby girl, whose father was carrying her in a cloth sling around his neck, was shifted to a private hospital here in critical condition on Sunday after the Rajasthan government decided to bear her medical expenses.
Rickshaw puller Bablu, the baby`s father, said many people have offered him help. "People helped me a lot but this help will work only if my daughter survives. I am happy today as I was told that the condition of my daughter is improving," he said.
The infant`s mother died on September 20 after delivery and there was no one to look after her, so her father was forced to carry her in a cloth sling around his neck while driving rickshaw in Bharatpur.
The underweight and anemic one-month-old girl was admitted to a hospital here on Sunday in critical condition.
"Her condition is critical and she is on ventilator support. Her organs are affected with infection and she is also suffering from pneumonia. She is underweight and anemic," Mittal had said yesterday.
When the dismal condition of Bablu came to light people from all walks of life extended help and the government decided to bear her medical expenses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands