Jaipur Metro likely to roll out in August
Jaipur: The people of Jaipur may be able to take Metro rides in their city as early as August this year, as the first lot of four coaches arrived here from Bangalore today.
"After system testing and trial, the train from Mansarovar to Chandpole section under the first phase will be introduced for public in August," Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation MD Nihal Chand Goel said today.
He said that the process of necessary checks and trial runs will take around one-and-a-half month, after which the train of four coaches will be ready for public.
Ten train sets of four coaches each are to be commissioned and hopefully all the trains will arrive here from Bangalore by October, he said.
The coaches, manufactured at Bharat Earth Movers Ltd`s factory in Bangalore, were transported by road on special trailers on April 29.
After the Mansarovar-Chandpole section, the Chandpole -Badi Chaupar is the next section in the corridor and will be taken up at the second stage.
The total length of the East-West corridor (from Mansarovar to Badi Chaupar) is 12.06 km and the length of the Mansarovar-Chandpole section is 9.5 km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?