Jaipur Metro Rail Project gets technical clearance
Jaipur: The much-awaited Jaipur Metro Rail Project has got the green signal from the Railway Ministry on technical clearance for its operations in signal, telecom and electricity expansion system, official sources said on Monday.
In his letter to Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge approved the "schedule of dimensions" (SOD) for Jaipur Metro Rail, a spokesperson of Chief Minister`s Office said.
The Research design and standard organisation (RDSO) undertook research and assessment of the ongoing metro project, and had given its technical approval, the spokesperson quoted the letter as saying.
On April 12 this year, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot wrote a letter to the Railway Minister to expedite clearance at the earliest. JMRC Commissioner N C Goyal told PTI that the clearance will push the work faster and metro rail would be able to function later this year. For every technical point, the Railway Ministry`s approval was a must, he said.
The Phase-I of JMRC would cover 12.6 km from Mansarovar to Badi Chaupar in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says