Jaipur Metro Rail Project gets technical clearance
Jaipur: The much-awaited Jaipur Metro Rail Project has got the green signal from the Railway Ministry on technical clearance for its operations in signal, telecom and electricity expansion system, official sources said on Monday.
In his letter to Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, Railway Minister Mallikarjun Kharge approved the "schedule of dimensions" (SOD) for Jaipur Metro Rail, a spokesperson of Chief Minister`s Office said.
The Research design and standard organisation (RDSO) undertook research and assessment of the ongoing metro project, and had given its technical approval, the spokesperson quoted the letter as saying.
On April 12 this year, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot wrote a letter to the Railway Minister to expedite clearance at the earliest. JMRC Commissioner N C Goyal told PTI that the clearance will push the work faster and metro rail would be able to function later this year. For every technical point, the Railway Ministry`s approval was a must, he said.
The Phase-I of JMRC would cover 12.6 km from Mansarovar to Badi Chaupar in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal