Jaipur Metro trains begin trial runs
Jaipur: The trial runs of the Jaipur Metro were formally flagged off here on Wednesday by Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot after the first phase of the project was completed by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) in a record period of two-and-a-half years.
DMRC Managing Director Mangu Singh and several other dignitaries were present on the occasion.
The trial run, a mandatory requirement for the commissioning of any Metro corridor, was started between the Mansarovar and the Shyam Nagar stations of the 9.25 kilometre long Mansarovar - Chandpole corridor.
The entire corridor (Phase 1A of the Jaipur Metro project), appropriately named as "Pink Line", comprising of nine stations is expected to be opened for passengers in next couple of months. The inaugural trial run has covered a four kilometre stretch consisting of four Metro stations. Gradually, the trials will be extended to the remaining part of the corridor as well.
The foundation stone for the Jaipur Metro project was laid on the February 24, 2011 and within only, two and half years, the trial run has been commenced. This is Delhi Metro`s first project to be completed during the tenure of DMRC`s Managing Director, Sh. Mangu Singh after the completion of the second phase of Metro construction in Delhi in 2010.
The DMRC and the Jaipur Metro Rail Corporation (JMRC) had signed an agreement in 2010 according to which, the DMRC has constructed this Metro corridor for the Jaipur Metro.
This 9.25 kilometre long stretch is a part of the 11. 566 kilometre long Mansarovar - Badi Chaupar corridor aligned along the East-West direction under Jaipur Metro`s Phase 1. The other Metro corridor will be a 23 kilometre long stretch aligned along the North- South direction from Durgapura to Ambabari under Jaipur Metro Phase-2.
The Metro corridor is being built on standard gauge. DMRC is executing the project under "Deposit Work" basis and will also be involved in Operation and Maintenance in the initial one year.
The Jaipur Metro project is DMRC`s first Metro construction project outside the National Capital Region. Currently, DMRC is also executing the Kochi Metro project on deposit terms, which will be a 25.253 kilometre long corridor from Aluva to Petta.
DMRC has acted as consultant for almost all other Metro projects being planned or executed in the country including Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Ludhiana, Pune, Lucknow etc.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Shoaib Akhtar gets Birthday bash on TV show "Mazaak Mazaak Mein"
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''